Have you thanked your technical writer today?

The Mojo of technical communication and writing as mused by Dr. Lu Kondor

Monday, September 19, 2011

Profile of a typical technical writer

Let me first start off by saying is there a typical technical writing? With so many types of tech jobs out there that is an interesting statement. Having said that this article does state at the very beginning that  it is difficult to profile a technical writer. I think the most important statement in the article is : "Many enter technical writing from different fields: Many individuals who work as technical writers had other careers before they entered the field." I find this to be true. This is the same with my own personal experience. The other thing is that "Technical writers take their jobs seriously." Good point because the job world is highly competitive. I really try and emphasize these two things to my students (I teach technical communication at a CalState part time).

http://www.technicalwritingzone.com/profile_of_a_typical_technical_writer.htm

LK

No comments:

Post a Comment