Have you thanked your technical writer today?

The Mojo of technical communication and writing as mused by Dr. Lu Kondor

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Books etc.

I do have to say I am a bit of a book addict. I like various technical communication books from Pearson. I haven't read all of them but the ones I have read are good, at least in my opinion. I have in truth only read a few. For example:
 
Writing in the Sciences: Exploring Conventions of Scientific Discourse (Part of the Allyn & Bacon Series in Technical Communication), 3/E by Penrose & Katz was just right for me. Some of the books can be loaded with more complex apsects but I do like that. Now I get nothing from the publisher. But I like these book and having a publisher that takes the time to cover so many aspects in technical communication is awesome in my opinion. I reference this book often, especially for on off projects and things I don't normally cover but write on occasion. Check out the series and let me know what you think of other books in it.

link
http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/academic/course/0,3119,696025,00.html
(though their links do tend to stale very quickly)

Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment